Friday, March 19, 2010

are we there yet???

By it's very definition a long day suggests a period of time longer even more tedious than the descriptor initially expected. I used to use this term loosely referencing a trying eight hour day at the office including a few Neanderthals and egos the size of mountains... or maybe a family gathering involving forced smiles and wishful suggestions of places for one's head under my breath...

This was before the blending... before the drop-offs and errands, and pick-ups and cookie baking. Before the snacks in the car, and gearing 3 kids up for soccer simultaneously while dragging a toddler along. My eldest literally went up 3 shoe sizes since fall soccer. This means men's 9 at 9 years old. This quickly translated to $75 cleats in lieu of the $20 kid's cleats... but don't worry...we still bought two of those... in pink. Then there's shin guards and socks and shorts and slides and Underarmor...

Oh, then another store for the twin's birthday presents, Easter outfits and more shoes... the metallic and gem covered dress up kind I am certain will initiate a barrage of "my feet hurt" comments upon first wear. Dammit if they aren't adorable though. I'd wear em. Speaking of which, what the hell am I going to wear for Easter? My wardrobe leans heavily from business casual to grocery store and gym worthy... I'm sure there's something black though... maybe it will pass as chic... probably not.

Then dash to soccer practice, back home to let the old dog and puppy out... and yes, there was Mc Donald's in the car... Now I've got a pile of laundry, a dirty kitchen floor, and a man due home in 30 minutes. How can I type this blog? Multitasking in my favorite spot. The reason I was recently gifted a new laptop... so I could close the door to the bathroom and be alone for 20 minutes... which by the way are almost up.

Some day off, huh? Tomorrow will most certainly hold a brighter itinerary... soccer practice for the littler one, birthday party for the twins, birthday dinner for my grandma, laundry, puppy poop, baby poop, temper tantrums, more eating in the car... I've got big hopes for a shower... maybe, if I could find a waterproof case for my Macbook, I could even get another blog written... hummm....

No comments:

Post a Comment