Saturday, March 13, 2010

and then there were two..

This morning my two natural born children went to spend the night with their dad, my man on his second 16 hour shift day left just me and the babies... this guarantees a few things...

First, a shower. For me, and me alone... hot... with shaving and exfoliating, and conditioning resulting in full make-up and killer hair... you know, the kind that looks like you just finished a sexy little romp and a ride in a convertible... (not that I can't rock the rolled out of bed and blew out my bangs for effect...).


Cleaned and primped I then get to catch up on blogs and Facebook, spend an hour with my love, a leisurely shopping excursion for random items... new bath toys, bread, and take-out... all the while toting 2 children, one of whom has a 10 word vocabulary.

When they're parceled like that they're individual personalities sparkle... they're agreeable and inquisitive... cuddly and complimentary. It's why I stagger bedtimes during the week. It gives me a half hour or so with each one to just be them... a very dear cousin reminded me of what I believe to be the ultimate goal in small people development... "I exist as I am. That is enough." Mr. Whitman had it right... and I'm still trying... but I hope all my kiddos feel it.


Top it all off with SNL and Diet Coke and I'm a happy girl. Just need it to be 5am so I can get a little snuggle time in before the baby wakes up...

No comments:

Post a Comment