Monday, March 8, 2010

12 hours 6 kids...

We had a house full today...six kids ranging from 10 years to 16 months... for 12 full hours. There were also 2 dogs ranging from 6 years to 6 months... one bloody nose, one bitten cheek, from the 15 month old... not one of the dogs... two poopy diapers, 2 gallons of milk, 2 puppy accidents, and we managed to get ready for a grown-up fundraiser tomorrow. Did I mention the parents are both ill? Massive sinus colds.

The baby was out of sorts... too much commotion I guess... the 4 year old not wanting to share her 2 half brothers with her new roommates... and to top it all off, it rained... all day.

So they wii-ed and watched movies and colored and trashed the playroom... which they did a great job of cleaning up, by the way... made their own pizzas and read books. We heard the words "I'm bored" about 25 times, and the words "they're not letting me play!" at least 50 times, but in the end... it was a good day... at least that's what the video camera will show...

I suppose I'm just proud of they way they're all willing to adjust. Share their space, they're possessions, their parents... it can't be easy.

So for tonight, I hope these colds go away... and the puppy holds it all night... and the baby wakes up before I really fall asleep, and that the minds of all those great kiddos are dreaming beautiful dreams knowing they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment